Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quick Update

 

Three of the five relatives did not survive.  We aren’t sure of the condition of two of them, but I think they are ok.  I can’t believe the total is up to 25.  It’s heartbreaking.  I feel so bad for all of those families.  I can’t believe it.  I stayed up til 2 watching CNN while watching my dog try to walk around the living room with one leg just hanging.  He fell a lot.  It was a depressing night to say the least.  When I woke up and turned CNN on again and heard that 25 were dead I knew that did not sound good for our three missing.  I called my Maw Maw and she told me that she had gotten a call a bit earlier from one of her nephews to tell her that Timmy and his son and his nephew did not make it.  Timmy is my grandmothers brother Charles son.  Timmy’s son was with him and his sister Pam’s only son.  The three of them were found together.  I had to call and tell my mom.  She said she stayed up til 6 watching the news.  I am very thankful that Charles son Tommy and his son are alright, from what we hear.  I really pray that its true.  I can’t imagine losing both of your sons at the same time.  One is tragic enough.  For Charles and Linda, they just lost a son and two grandsons.  I just want to go there and hug everyone.  I wish I could help.    I don’t know who to talk to about it, so I’m laying it out there for my blog friends.  Sorry for the sad news.   I just can’t stop thinking about all the mothers and fathers, wives and children of these hardworking men that have lost their lives.  God Bless all of them.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh that is so sad! It's hard enough to lose one person, but multiple people in one family, that's got to be so hard! I will continue praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your family! What a horrible accident!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can vent to us blogger friends anytime, we are always here for you girl! I am really praying for your family, this is such sad news. Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete