Thursday, July 22, 2010

Reese update

DSCN3176

Well, I’m about to call and cancel the appointment we made for Saturday morning.  Ryan told me last night that he wants to wait until Reese gets even worse, and I’m so glad because I feel the same way.  I’m not ready.  So, maybe we can get another month if things keep going like this week.  He hasn’t had any accidents in the house in days and he has been going outside for me without too much trouble.  Ryan hasn’t had to carry him in a few days that I know of either.  He did fall in the kitchen this morning and slid sideways into the fridge but it sounds worse than it actually was.  I just can’t end his life yet when he can still get around somewhat.  Some people will think I’m crazy but I think Reese would rather stay with me longer!  He doesn’t seem to be in pain so I can’t imagine doing that to him just because 2 of his legs don’t work right anymore.   That pictures from when he could still walk to the end of the street with us.   God Bless these wonderful animals in our lives.  Our loyal, loving pets.   

2 comments:

  1. Aww I'm glad you'll get to spend some extra time with your baby! I hope he continues to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Elaine. This is horrible. Me and two of my friends all got boxers at the same time (10 years ago). I just read on FB she had to put her dog down yesterday. Jake is getting very old and it doesn't look like he will be with us much longer. It is so sad. They are wonderful dogs!

    ReplyDelete