Friday, July 30, 2010

Advice?? & complaining..

Has anyone else had really bad morning sickness?

Has anyone been unable to eat until after getting sick 1st thing in the morning and then again between around 9 and 10?  and then very hungry around lunchtime, but have strong aversions to most foods?  I end up eating mashed potatoes for lunch it seems like.  Then around 5 or 6 I feel like I’m going to starve and I have to eat as soon as possible or I feel like I’m going to be sick.  And of course it can only be certain foods, that seem to change daily.  The only steady is that I cannot think about eating most meats, especially chicken and ground beef.  I can eat dry steaks some nights, but that’s it.  I did eat a little bit of a fried chicken leg the other day but that was the only chicken I have eaten in about 3 weeks.  Also, a VERY big problem for me is fluids.  I normally love water and drink mostly water and tea.  Now, I can’t seem to handle water at all.  I eat ice cubes in the morning trying to hydrate a little, and it makes me more sick.  I almost wish I could just work at my desk with an iv hooked up to my arm.  It would be easier I’m sure.  Normally I don’t like to drink slurpees or anything like that because of all the sugar, but yesterday I had a slurpee after lunch and it was awesome.  popsicles and icee types of drinks seem to go down best, but only afternoon or later.  It’s kinda miserable.  Getting to work everyday is a huge challenge and I feel like I’m being tortured trying to sit up at my desk all day.   I have tried crackers first thing in the morning.. just makes it hurt more when I get sick.  I can’t take a shower without getting sick by the time I’m done, then when brushing my teeth.  I have an upper respiratory infection or beginnings of bronchitis going on so I’m on a Z pack too.  I’m hoping that maybe some of my feeling horrible will go away when that kicks in.  I am all over sick feeling everyday for most of the day.  My shots are so bad sometimes with this pregnancy that it even makes me nauseous thinking about getting ready to do it.  With Caleb I had just a little bit of average morning sickness.  I feel so bad for the girls I know that said they were so sick, if I had known it could be like this I would have been doing so much more for them, like cleaning their house and bringing them bland foods!  I really hope this goes away at 12 weeks :(  I know it’s worth it in the long run but for now I have a hard time even focusing on the baby, I’m always thinking about how sick I am and what I can do to feel better.  I wear these stupid sea bands (that I don’t think do anything for me) and I have some dissolvable pills from Dr. Aron but nothing is helping! 

5 comments:

  1. sorry lady! I definitely had some bad sickness, but not think about it all day bad. Maybe instead of a slurpee try one of the new fruit smoothies from mcdonald's. Probably still loaded with sugar, but there's gotta be some nutritional value in there, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine I feel so bad for you right now :( I really hope it goes away at 12 weeks too! I already gave you my "peppermint" advice but that made you feel sick too, so that's all I've got :( The slurpee part made me laugh because I was a slurpee addict when i was pregnant and now Ryder goes crazy over them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used those sea bands too but unfortunately they didn't work for me either. Nothing really worked real well to be honest, I just remember one day after the 12 weeks was over, I just all of a sudden felt better. I'm sorry your going through that... I do remember though someone telling me that they took a b6 vitamin daily and that really helped them with their morning sickness... not sure how legit that is, I heard about it after I started feeling better so I never tried it but I guess anythings worth a shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd look the whole b6 vitamin thing up just to check and see if it actually was legit, check it out...

    http://www.babycenter.com/404_does-vitamin-b6-help-relieve-morning-sickness_2519.bc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, I can relate to you! I had all of those symptoms and just as bad as you, it sounds. I was SICK all day long - and could not eat meat for the first few months, especially chicken! I had a hard time holding anything down. I know the feeling & I hope you feel better soon! But, my dr. always told me it was healthy to have that much sickness!

    ReplyDelete