Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Less than one week til Kindergarten!

This was from his first day of daycare. Almost 2 yrs old.

Here's Caleb watching Dora (probably..) with his first little backpack on.


Kindergarten kid with his new Mario lunch box. 5 1/2 yrs old


New back pack! (I know.. he likes to wear only undies around the house!)



It's hard to believe that my baby is starting real school. I keep remembering what a hard time I had when he started daycare right before he turned 2. I had a very hard time the first day. I cried a lot and left very early to go get him. The second day wasn't much better. I think he is going to do great though and at least this time he can tell me exactly how he feels about it and if anyone is mean to him or hurts him. He also is old enough now to understand that I am coming back to get him. When he was almost two he didn't know why I was leaving him with strangers or if I was coming back. It broke my heart. Luckily my mom was able to stay home and watch him when he was a baby, so I knew he was in good hands. He's been at Grace Baptist since about two and a half years old. As soon as he was potty trained we moved him to that daycare. They have been really great and he has so many wonderful friends there. It's a little sad to be leaving them but it's exciting to experience something new and make new friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, stopped by to see the first day of kindergarten pics. Hope you did good and followed that big yellow bus at a safe distance. Will check back another day for an update. PEACE XO LOVE JILL

    ReplyDelete