Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Baby Has Strep Throat!

Poor baby!



My big boy!


Temp lastnight was 99.7




Hates taking medicine! Has to have M&M's after every tiny squirt.








Caleb started complaining Monday morning about his neck hurting (which usually means his throat is sore) and by Monday night he was running a low grade fever. Tuesday I got a call from his daycare before 9 am asking me if I had seen the rash on his neck and back and of course I had not seen it so I went to get him and took him to see Dr. Sait. It looked terrible. It has spread by the time we got to the doctors office. He completely freaked when a new nurse said something to him about using the swab things to check out Mr. tonsils and after that he wouldn't let anyone in his mouth. Dr. Sait said that the rash was definitely a strep rash though, and it had gone around his school the week before and he had the low grade fevers to go with strep so he prescribed an antibiotic. Today is Thursday and he still feels kinda crappy. The rash is worse than ever today. He itched it all night in his sleep. I went to CVS today and got him the Sarna lotion that his Doctor recommended for the itching. Here are some pictures of him from this nasty week with strep. The pic of him with his inhaler is just because I don't have one of him on here yet and he's such a big boy using that so good everynight. He got to start using that for his asthma when he turned 5. Before that he had the nebulizer everynight. The inhaler (with spaver) is a lot more fast and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment