Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Caleb's favorite things at almost 7 years old!

Caleb LOVES baseball and football. More than any kid I know really. He loves playing baseball, and he loves watching anything football, or even just throwing one to himself, however I cannot talk him into playing yet.. He insists he has to play Spring and Fall baseball. His favorite teams are the Raiders, the Orioles and the terps. He still loves turtles and the color blue. He absolutely loves his daddy and they are best friends these days. His favorite football player is Darren McFadden. During the playoffs he was very excited for Dad to set up his own online fantasy team. He really wants to be just like Dad these days. He also really enjoyed helping Dad with his football pools this year. He loves video games and plays for atleast a little bit everyday. He will get up early to play a half a game of Madden 11 before school, and fold towels for me to get to play again before bed. A while back he wanted an ipod for his B-day, then it changed to a darren McFadden fathead for his wall. That was his big gift that he wanted this year.. Caleb also has started collecting football cards and has a nice binder that he puts them in and keeps them sorted by team.

He complains often of girls chasing him at school because they think he is hot, and tells me that he doesn't like any of them though, because he only likes Emma. We have about 20 or more baseballs in the house, about 6 footballs, and many many other little balls.. and he has to be always throwing them. I can't get him to stop. It drives me crazy! He also loves wrapping coins.. just another little thing he likes to do with, and because of Dad.. I know, I'm a little jealous of how much he adores him. I know he loves me tons but there's just something about how he adores his dad that makes me jealous and at the same time I absolutely love it. He loves his family and friends. He's learned to text from our phones and sends grandma Brenda texts all the time, and can also call her. For instance one time recently he called her while Ryan and I were rested on a Sunday afternoon (which is rare) and told her that we were sleeping and nobody was playing with him, and she should come over.. Well I was not asleep and heard the stinker and had to tell my mom he was full of it. She thought it was great and teased me saying he can call and tell on us anytime now. Great! He can shake his bon bon like crazy when nobodys around. he has some major Elvis moves. Wish he would perform for others, but it seems to be a just for mom thing. I can't believe how big he seems now. He's such a joy to us and I can't imagine what we ever did without him. I still end up staring at him when he's sleeping. I miss being able to carry him when he's asleep, and sometimes when I can't sleep I like to get in his bed and cuddle with him while he's unaware and can't tell me I'm making him lose at his game or in his way of the tv or I'm bugging him. There is a book I use to read to him when he was a baby that would make me cry and I just thought of it now. I think it is called I'll love you forever.. I want to go read it now.. I can picture my old lady butt holding him when he's 40, rocking him in his sleep. At what age do you ever stop feeling like they are your baby? I can't imagine ever not wanting to take care of him and make sure that he has everything he needs. I hope he adjusts well to his new brother and does not feel any less important. I think it should be fine since he is the center of his parents universe. I use to always tell him if went pro one day at a sport, I would move everytime he did and always be near him.. not sure how that works with 2 kids.. can't follow them both?? Guess I will have to let him grow up someday. It just happens SO FAST! I know he's only 7, but I swear, these 7 years have absolutely flown by. When I get up tomorrow he will be my big 7 year old and in a week he will be a big brother to my new baby boy. I'm really excited about all these great blessings going on in my life right now. No wonder I can't ever sleep! I love my boys, all 3 of them. and I wish my Reese was still here with us too! Enough rambling about my first baby for tonight. My legs asleep and someone in my tummy has major hiccups. I think that means i need a kitkat..

2 comments:

  1. LOL Kitkats fix a lot of things!! I feel like I'm going to blink my eyes and Ryder is going to be 7 and i'll be reminiscing too...it would be so nice if time would slow down just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete