Monday, August 16, 2010

MFM Rockville appt 8/13/10

IMG00019-20100813-1711

11.5 weeks

IMG00018-20100813-1711

I don’t want to do too much complaining on here, but I can’t help myself!  We left our house at 10:30 a.m. Friday morning and got to my high risk doctors office right after 1.  (we stopped at a gas station and at a burger joint so I could run in, get sick and grab some fries..)  We waited for 2 hrs in the waiting room.  The office staff so far is not very friendly when I call with a question or when I checked in that day.  Not how they were back when I was there pregnant with Caleb at least.  I also found out that my doctor was not here, even though that’s who I made my appointment for, I guess they don’t care.  I was a little disappointed because I dressed Caleb so cute for him to meet her.  He hasn’t been there since he was a newborn, and I like to show my little man off, especially to people that helped him to survive inside my body. 

Once we got to the sonogram room the lady started doing her thing.. She didn’t speak English all that great, which was a little annoying.  Then I tried to give her my cd to put the video of the sonogram on it, she had no idea what I was talking about. 

Next, I started to freak privately  because when she first had the baby on the screen I could not see the flickering movement (heartbeat) that I’m always watching for .  I didn’t say anything but I don’t think I was breathing for a minute there.  I was proud of myself though that my leg wasn’t shaking off the table.  After the first couple times that I went for a sonogram and there was no heartbeat I developed this nervous leg shaking thing..  Apparently it has gotten better!  There was a heartbeat and I was so relieved!  168 bpm i thin it was.  Then the lady told me that the baby was measuring a week early so they would not be able to do all the things they wanted to do that day, and I would have to come back in 10 days to do everything, and to make sure he or she is growing the way he should be.   So, it was almost a waste of a trip.  I did at least get to see my baby though for a minute. 

We finally got out of that office at about 3:40 and went to Bugaboo’s steakhouse because we thought Caleb would think all the animals inside were neat, and he did!  We sat in traffic on the way home and then stopped to grab some Rita’s.  It was after 8 when we got home.  It was really a long day!  and I have to repeat it again next week.. Oh well.  At least I will get some new pictures!

One thing that I thought was really cool, was that in the tiny sono room we were in, it had one small cork board with baby pictures on it.  My baby was right at the top.    Look how cute he was!  (FYI- he was pooping as they took his hospital picture.. look at his fists..)  He is the one right in the middle with dark hair and a white and baby blue striped shirt on.

DSCN5827

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the sonogram went well even though nothing else went as planned that day. ;) And how awesome that Caleb's picture was still on the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a long day, only to have to repeat it next week! But, any chance to get to peek at the baby is a good thing :) Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete