Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Sweet 89 Pound Pup

I have so much going on, and not much time to try to write about it.  Caleb’s doing well though!  We went on our mommy & Caleb date Friday night where he told everyone that we were on a date..  Saturday he had baseball practice and a busy day playing outside. Sunday we played outside some more, he got to ride his 4 wheeler a lot and use a pitching machine for the first time ever.  And I am proud to say that he hit 8 out of the 12 balls that the big scary machine threw at him.  He was so excited!  Then more 4 wheeler riding, some basketball then football.  I will have pictures as soon as I remember to grab my camera..

My Dad worked hard on my bathroom all weekend and I got to use my new bathtub/shower last night and this morning, it’s great!  Love you Daddy.  Still lots to do though.

My Reese boy went to his vet appt yesterday and it really doesn’t seem very good.  I have had a hard time all day, thinking about him and what could happen in the next year and I’m very sad.  I went out to my car today and this is a cell phone picture of what I pulled from my purse.. I almost cried. 

Reese key chainLook at that playful baby

I forget that I still have his little puppy picture on my keys from 8 years ago.  He has to go back soon to be sedated so he can have 3 X-rays and more blood work but I have to wait a couple weeks because it’s going to be expensive for me.  I need to find more gold to sell :)   The Vet Definitely thinks its hip dysplasia and maybe something with his left knee too.    I just don’t want him to suffer or be in pain, and I know if/when it gets that way it’s going to be hard on all of us.  This morning we were singing to Reese about what a good boy he was at the Doctors!  Caleb was making up a song to the tune of a hip hop song.  He’s a mess.  So funny all the time.   I guess the main thing I keep thinking about today is how Ryan’s aunt had 2 large dogs with hip dysplasia and had to get them both put to sleep because of it and I wouldn’t have any other choice if it got too bad for him.  I can’t afford hip replacements for him and wouldn’t want to put him through it.  I don’t know what to do.  So, say a little doggy prayer for my Reese boy, that his condition doesn’t worsen, and that he isn’t in much pain.  I know one thing, he’s a very happy, well loved dog.  Sorry, I know this blog is for Caleb, but I have dog on the brain lately!

1 comment:

  1. Awww I will definitely be praying for Reese! This must be so hard, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete