Friday, March 12, 2010

My First Baby.. The Hairy One.

Reese

On June 5th, 2001 my little Reese Cup was born.  I got to pick him up in August 2001 and we he has been a wonderful part of my life ever since.  Before we had Caleb he was our child.  He went for car rides, went swimming with me in the pool, and slept in my bed all the time.  These days he doesn’t quite get the same attention, but he doesn’t mind.  He loved Caleb from the moment he met him.  He will be 9 in a few short months.   I can’t believe I have a 9 year old!   His hips have been starting to bother him and this week I noticed his walk getting very bad.  When he tried to run with me one night he was doing a bunny hop with his back legs.   I’m afraid the Vet is going to tell me on Tuesday that he has hip dysplasia.  Poor thing is getting old.   I have been giving him extra attention all week, including getting his very own blog post!  In the top right pic he is the puppy in the middle.  That was when he was still with his parents owners.   I like the pic when he is sitting by Ryan on the porch ( Ry was in Army Reserves back then).  Such a great brother to Caleb.  It breaks my heart to think about him not always being with us.  He’s been such a blessing to our little family, so thank you buddy.

We Love You!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! I know what you mean... our dogs are like our babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me tear up. I have a boxer too. Jake. He was born in Oct. 1999. He is all gray and getting old also.

    ReplyDelete